“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6 NASB)
The good news of Jesus Christ is that God is real, God loves us, and God wants us to know Him personally. Mankind is in a downward spiral of confusion, anger, self-gratification, and people are looking for answers and direction. Jesus Christ is the Way which shows us the direction to go. Jesus Christ is the Truth which we can trust in and live for. Jesus Christ is Life which nothing in this world can compare to.
Jesus Christ is the Way!
Jesus said in John 14:6 that He is the Way: “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” The Bible teaches that all men have fallen short of God’s glory and are sinners in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:1-21) Jesus taught in Matthew 7:13-27 that there are two roads to choose from. One road is the wide road that leads to destruction. (Eternal) The other road is a narrow one that leads to life. (Eternal) Jesus taught that anyone who hears His words and does them will be a wise man who built his house on solid rock, (Jesus) and anyone who does not hear His words and does not obey them has built his house on sand. Many people believe that all roads lead to God, but this is not what the Scriptures teach. The Scriptures are clear that it is only through Jesus Christ can anyone go to the Father, the presence of God.
Jesus Christ is the Truth!
Jesus said in John 14:6 that He is the Truth: “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” Jesus Christ was the embodiment of truth in the flesh. That means whatever Jesus taught was absolute truth. He came to reveal the heart of the Father, the truth of the Scriptures, and fulfill Biblical prophecies. Jesus lived a perfect life without sin. Jesus taught truth and grace, and He taught with Divine authority. (Matthew 7:24-29, John 1:1-18, John 5:17-46, John 8:46, Hebrews 4:14-16) You can trust Jesus 100%!
There are people who say Jesus was just another “great teacher, prophet, man” and that Jesus just taught “good morals and principles.” However, these people do not accept what Jesus claimed of Himself, of His Divine coming, of His death and resurrection. If Jesus was not absolute truth then there is no need to heed anything He said. But if what Jesus claimed and taught is true then no one is to take Jesus’ teachings lightly. (Matthew 7:13-29)
Jesus Christ is the Life!
Jesus said in John 14:6 that He is the Life: “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” Jesus Christ wants us to have true life. Jesus is the Origin for all creation and is the One who came to give us life. (John 1:1-13, John 10:1-18) Many people today are searching for God and do not know it. They attempt to fill their void with the ways of the world but are left empty and void. People do it with drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, etc., but these are deceptions in life. When you come to know the Lord Jesus your life changes. May you come to know the Lord Jesus yourself and be set free from the lies and ways of the world.
Do You Know Jesus Christ?
There is no formula to come to know Jesus Christ. However, there are Biblical truth’s stated in the Scriptures giving clear instructions on receiving Jesus Christ personally. Consider the following Scriptures and examine for yourself to see whether or not you know Jesus Christ.
Jesus said you must be born again: “3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” (John 3:3-6 NASB)
What does born again mean? Born again means having a new birth spiritually. This is when a person has accepted Jesus for who He is and what He has done. Jesus came to set man free from their sins and He did that by giving His life. Being born again is as Paul said in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “a new creation.”
Jesus teaches Nicodemus two points concerning being born again. First, Jesus teaches that a person cannot “see the kingdom of God” without being born again. The word “see” also means “to understand, to perceive.” Jesus teaches that unless someone is spiritually born again they cannot understand the kingdom of God. If a person is not born again they will be led astray by the ways of the world and the ways of the demonic influence. Secondly, Jesus teaches that a person “cannot enter into the kingdom of God” without being born again. The word “enter” is addressing going to the very presence of God. Therefore, anyone who has not been born again cannot go into God’s presence. (Referring to the heavenly realm)
Jesus gives clarification on what He was teaching Nicodemus on being born again: “16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:16-18 NASB)
There are 7 things in these passages that are important to see.
- It was God who loved the world (mankind) so that people could be saved.
- God (The Father) gave mankind His Son (Jesus) as a sacrifice. This was the mission of Jesus according to the Scriptures and this was accomplished through His death and resurrection.
- This sacrifice is for anyone to be saved and receive eternal life. Many people think that God does not love them, but God demonstrated His love for us. Paul said, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8 NASB)
- “God did not send His Son into the world to judge it.” Many people do not realize that God is for them and wants people to be saved. God does not want people to be damned and to be sent to hell. (Eternal separation)
- Jesus came so “that the world might be saved.” Jesus came with a mission to save people, but no one is saved by force. Both in the Old Testament and the New Testament it is clear that God wants people to accept Him and follow Him. God gives people the choice to either receive Him or reject Him. God has revealed to mankind His Divine nature through creation, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit speaking through men and women, through angels, through the Scriptures, and through Jesus Christ.
- “He who believes in Him is not judged.” The requirement for eternal life is believing in Jesus Christ as the One sent from the Father. What does it mean to believe in Jesus? To believe in Jesus means you accept not only what Jesus taught but also what He claimed about Himself. Jesus claimed to be, “The Son of God, The Son of Man, the Messiah, The Light, The Resurrection and Life, The Bread of Life, The Eternal One, The Lord of the Sabbath, The Good Shepherd, The Door, The Vine, The Lord, Equal with the Father, God, Our Judge, Origin of all creation.” There are people who say they believe in Jesus but the Jesus they believe in is not the Jesus of the Bible. To have the wrong Jesus is wrong enough to be eternally separated from God.
- “he who does not believe has been judged already.” All mankind is born with sin and it is only through the spiritual birth that this can be cleansed. People who do not accept Jesus are judged already because they are spiritually dead and will die in their sins. (John 8:24)
Other Scriptures that address knowing Jesus and receiving eternal life are, “John 20:25-31, Acts 4:12, Acts 16:31, Romans 1:16-20, Romans 3:19-31, Romans 10:9-13, 1 Corinthians 15:1-58, Ephesians 2:1-10, 1 Peter 1:3-5, 1 Peter 2:1-25, 1 John 1:7&9, 1 John 5:10-13&20, Revelation 3:20.”
Jesus Christ is “The Way, The Truth, and The Life.” Jesus Christ came to give His life for anyone who would receive Him. What Jesus taught is clear and simple and if you are not born again you are not saved. If you want to learn more about receiving Jesus Christ into your life please contact us. We also welcome any comments or questions you may have concerning this material.