The expression Trinitarianism means one who believes in the doctrine of the Trinity. This is a title or way of identifying those who believe in the Trinity. Some examples: Mormons are called Mormons because of their beliefs in the book of Mormon; Jehovah’s Witnesses have labeled themselves Jehovah’s Witnesses, because they believe the only true name of God is Jehovah and that they are His witnesses. Below will be some basic beliefs of what Trinitarians believe.
- Trinitarians believe that there is only one true God revealed through the Scriptures. (Isaiah 43:10, Isaiah 44:6-8)
- Trinitarians believe that the unity of God is revealed through the Scriptures. (Genesis 1:26, Genesis 19:24, Amos 4:10-12, Isaiah 48:12-16)
- Trinitarians believe that the one true God is one in nature, not in person. (Isaiah 48:12-16)
- Trinitarians believe that there are three distinct personages in the Bible revealed as being the God of all creation. (Genesis 1, Job 9:8, Isaiah 44:24, Psalms 104:30, John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:16-17, Hebrews 2:10)
- Trinitarians believe that the Father is identified as God. (Galatians 1:1, Jude 1:1)
- Trinitarians believe Jesus is identified as God. (John 1:1-3, John 1:14-18, John 8:24, John 8:58, John 20:28, 1 John 1:1-3, 1 John 5:20)
- Trinitarians believe the Holy Spirit is a distinct personage from the Father and the Son, and is identified as being God. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-15, Acts 5:3-4, Acts 13:2, 1 Corinthians 12:4-18, Hebrews 9:14, Hebrews 10:15-18)
- Trinitarians believe the Bible to be the Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Trinitarians believe Jesus is the only way to the Father as Jesus claimed. (John 14:6)
- Trinitarians believe that Jesus died and rose again according to the Scriptures, and all who put their trust in Jesus and become born again will be set free from all their sins and receive eternal life. (Luke 24:44-47, John 3:14-18, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 10:9-13, 1 John 5:10-13)
These are some of the basic beliefs of Trinitarianism and what Trinitarians believe. If you have questions concerning this than let us know how we can help. May you be blessed and may the grace of the Lord be with you.