Everyone in this world is either built on the Rock or sand. There are people who have been made alive in Jesus Christ and have had their sins forgiven, and there are people who are spiritually dead and are lost in their sins. Who is a true Christian and who is not? A true Christian is built upon the Rock, Jesus Christ, and follows Him and His words. A false Christian is a person who has built their life on sand, a false church-organization-prophet-testimony that is not truly on Jesus Christ.
Examine the following Scriptures on what the Bible teaches concerning God, the Trinity Doctrine, Jesus Christ, and Salvation.
What do Christians believe about God?
- Christians believe that there is only one true God known as Monotheism. (Isaiah 43:10)
- Christians believe that God is the creator of all things. (Genesis 1)
- Christians believe that God is from everlasting to everlasting. (Psalms 90:2)
- Christians believe that God loves mankind in which Jesus came to give His life to offer eternal life to anyone who would receive Him. (John 3:14-21)
- Christians believe that God will reward or judge mankind according to what they have done. (Christians – 2 Corinthians 5:10/ non-Christians – Revelation 20:11-15)
What do Christians believe about the Trinity?
- Christians believe that the Trinity doctrine is Biblical and can be understood.
- Christians believe that the Trinity is the one true God revealed in three distinct persons as the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit.
- Christians believe that the Father is identified as God. (Galatians 1:3)
- Christians believe that Jesus is identified as God. (John 1:1-3, John 1:14-18, 1 John 1:1-4, 1 John 5:20)
- Christians believe that the Holy Spirit is identified as God. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-15, Acts 5:3-4, 1 Corinthians 12:4-18, Hebrews 10:15-18)
What do Christians believe about the coming of Jesus Christ?
- Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah to come, born of a virgin, crucified and rose again bodily on the third day. (Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 53, Matthew 1:18-23, Luke 2:10-11, Luke 4:18, Luke 24:39-49, John 2:19-21, John 20:25-29, Acts 2:22-36)
- Christians believe that Jesus is the only way unto the Father. (John 14:6)
- Christians believe that Jesus was the God-man. That means that Jesus was a distinct person from the Father but was by nature God in the flesh. (John 1:1, John 1:14-18, John 5:18-23, John 8:24, John 8:58, John 20:28-29, Philippians 2:5-8, Colossians 2:9, 1 John 1:1-4, 1 John 5:20, Revelation 1:17-18, Revelation 22:12-20)
- Christians believe that Jesus came to reveal the heart of the Father, and that Jesus was grace and truth manifested in the flesh. (John 1:17-18)
- Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the true Savior for mankind and that salvation is found in no one else. (Matthew 10:32-33, John 8:24, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, 1 Corinthians 15:1-17)
What do Christians believe about sin and the need for being saved?
- Christians believe that mankind is fallen with the nature of sin. (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12-21)
- Christians believe that sin is not mystical or a myth, but that sin is a reality which mankind must be saved from by turning to God’s way of being saved. (Romans 5:8-11, 1 Timothy 1:15)
- Christians believe that sin is lawlessness. That means anyone that goes against what God has revealed to us to live by and trust in. (Romans 14:23, James 4:17, 1 John 3:4)
- Christians believe that all mankind has fallen short to the glory of God and that no one is without sin. (Ecclesiastes 7:20, Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:10)
- Christians believe that salvation is available for anyone to receive. (John 3:14-18, John 5:24, John 20:31, Romans 10:9-13, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 1:7-9, 1 John 5:10-13, Revelation 3:20)
Are you built upon the Rock Christ Jesus or the sand?