Welcome to Berean Perspective Apologetics. This youtube video is on Why is Christian Apologetics Important? This is part 2 of a series on What is Apologetics. Apologetics means to have a reason for what you believe, an answer for those who ask you the hope that is in you, which comes from 1 Peter 3:15.
What does Apologetics Mean?
Why is Apologetics Important?
Is Apologetics Needed in the Church?
Scriptures Discussed & Notes – Colossians 2:8; Matthew 7:15, 23; Jude 1:3
1. Paul’s Struggle for the Colossians (Colossians 2:1)
2. Paul’s Encouragement for Christians to be Rooted and Steadfast in Christ Jesus. (Colossians 2:6-7)
3. Paul Warns of False Teachings, Cults, and Philosophies of the World. (Colossians 2:8)
4. Jesus Taught People to be Careful of False Prophets and Teachers. (Matthew 7:15, 21-23)
5. Jesus Warned of False Conversions Stating I Never Knew You. (Matthew 7:23)
6. Paul Witnessed to the Stoics on Creation. (Acts 17:6-31)
7. We Are to Contend for the Faith, take a stand for the truth of the Gospel message. (Jude 1:3)
Christian Apologetics is very important today and needed for Christians to be properly informed, equipping them to be aware of false teachers, Cults, Religions, and world philosophies. Apologetics should be in Christian churches where pastors and teachers are discipling Christians on the Gospel message and helping them grow in grace and truth in Christ Jesus.
All Christians in one way or another need to be informed and discipled today, and to be growing in Christ Jesus. Pastors and teachers equipping believers in a world that is contrary to the truths contained in the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ.