There are do’s and don’ts when witnessing to Mormon Missionaries and Mormons. Are Mormons Christians? Mormons believe they are Christians, but sadly Mormons are not Christians. Many Christians do not know how to witness to Mormons. It is the call of a Christian to witness to Mormons and share the gospel message on how to be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. When witnessing to Mormons it is important to inform them that they can know they have eternal life by truly trusting in Jesus (Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 John 5:13). Mormons have been taught to be saved is based upon what they do (works), and they can be saved by grace after all they do (Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 25:23). This is not the gospel of the grace of Jesus Christ in the Bible. This is different gospel, a false gospel (Galatians 1:6-9), and Christians need to know how to witness to Mormons in a loving and truthful way.
To share the gospel effectively Christians need to know what the do’s and don’ts are when witnessing to Mormon Missionaries and Mormons in general. Christians need to know what the gospel is and what the gospel is not according to the Bible. It is important for Christians to be equipped in the faith on how to witness to Mormons so that Mormons will come to a real genuine relationship with Jesus Christ.
Mormons are of what is called the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints (Mormon Church), which began in 1830 by their founder Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith claimed to be a prophet of God, but he was a false prophet. For more information on the Mormon Church, their founder Joseph Smith, and what Mormons believe please visit our Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints section.
Do’s and Don’ts When Witnessing to Mormon Missionaries and Mormons
The Do’s – What does the Bible teach?
1. Love them, show them grace (Colossians 4:5-6).
2. Talk with them, have a real conversation (1 Peter 3:15).
3. Share the gospel with Mormons, and share with them that they can be saved by grace through faith and not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Help Mormons understand that 2 Nephis 25:23 in the book of Mormon is a false gospel which the Bible warns about (Galatians 1:6-9).
4. Pray for them, pray that they may come to know Jesus Christ personally and be saved (2 Peter 3:9).
The Don’ts – What the Bible does not teach
1. Don’t beat Mormons with the Bible, don’t look done on them.
2. Don’t be argumentative when witnessing to Mormons, don’t try to win just to debate.
3. Don’t get side tracked when talking with Mormons.
4. Don’t have a superior attitude that you are better than them.
These are the basics of the Do’s and Don’ts on how to witness to Mormons in a loving and effectual way. The late Dr. Walter Martin is a great resource on how to be effective on how to witness to Mormons on the Do’s and Don’ts. Visit Dr. Walter Martin website on how to witness to Mormons. Click Here
If you have any questions on the Do’s and Don’ts when witnessing to Mormons, Mormon Missionaries, or other groups please share a comment or contact us.
Please check out our YouTube Channel and Subscribe.
Berean Perspective Apologetics